Installed the InfiniTV 6 ETH (Comcast) - Awesome!

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
acraigl

HTPC Specs: Show details

Installed the InfiniTV 6 ETH (Comcast) - Awesome!

Post by acraigl » Wed May 22, 2013 11:20 am

Happy to report that this was a very easy experience, upgrading from the InfiniTV 4 PCI. It took less than 10 minutes to re-pair the M-card . I started off saying I had a new TiVo to avoid questions, but the Comcast tech asked if it was a HDHomeRun! I told her it was a Ceton and she acknowledged that she knew these products as well. Great experience!

Note that the automated service did not work (could not even find my account), the live tech answered immediately and was a pleasure to work with.
Just sharing the experience...

makryger

Post by makryger » Wed May 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Wow, a Comcast technician familiar with media center tuners? That's a first.
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

werds

Post by werds » Wed May 22, 2013 12:46 pm

It's possible that they have received some recent training on current cable card offerings. When I called in to pair my infiniTV6ETH I mentioned nothing about a specific equipment type and my rep asked if it was a Homerun Prime as well.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed May 22, 2013 1:23 pm

So far I'm pretty happy with my InfiniTV 6 as well! Swapping the pairing with Comcast was also a breeze for me. Nice work Ceton!

scyto

Post by scyto » Wed May 22, 2013 11:04 pm

makryger wrote:Wow, a Comcast technician familiar with media center tuners? That's a first.
I have been doing MCE with tuners since I moved here in 2005, generally Comcast have been great at helping me activate cable cards.
I was a beta tester for Windows 7 and Windows 8 and would regularly re-activate every week or so - I don't ever recall an issue where they didn't get me activated.

Of course perhaps being in Seattle / Redmond area had something to do with that :-p

th3Pil0t

Post by th3Pil0t » Thu May 23, 2013 1:01 pm

werds wrote:It's possible that they have received some recent training on current cable card offerings. When I called in to pair my infiniTV6ETH I mentioned nothing about a specific equipment type and my rep asked if it was a Homerun Prime as well.
Not sure about this. I just moved house and had to have Comcast tech come out to verify cabling etc. He knew nothing about the products (InfiniTV4 and Echos) or HTPC setup. Tried to convince me that Comcast's offering was superior. Really the only helpful thing he did was terminate some coax for me. He even told me my Marantz amp was crap and that I overpaid for my half price audio gear. I enjoyed completing his evaluation. :twisted:

werds

Post by werds » Thu May 23, 2013 6:44 pm

th3Pil0t wrote:
werds wrote:It's possible that they have received some recent training on current cable card offerings. When I called in to pair my infiniTV6ETH I mentioned nothing about a specific equipment type and my rep asked if it was a Homerun Prime as well.
Not sure about this. I just moved house and had to have Comcast tech come out to verify cabling etc. He knew nothing about the products (InfiniTV4 and Echos) or HTPC setup. Tried to convince me that Comcast's offering was superior. Really the only helpful thing he did was terminate some coax for me. He even told me my Marantz amp was crap and that I overpaid for my half price audio gear. I enjoyed completing his evaluation. :twisted:
I was more speaking about the call center employees may have gotten a recent training on that stuff. The techs can be hit or miss in terms of their knowledge about stuff.