Broadcaster denying recording

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
BangBang

HTPC Specs: Show details

Broadcaster denying recording

Post by BangBang » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Over the past week I've been getting popups stating the Broadcaster/Originator do not allow recording of this program. I thought it was just a fluke with that one channel(PAX). I came home today and found the popup again but this time it was for
Scifi channel. The strange thing is, it still records. Is this just a bug or something since it does indeed record? The popup is becoming annoying.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:01 am

What is the protection for the channel showing up as, is the channel ClearQAM or encrypted, and who is your cable provider?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

tlamot01

Post by tlamot01 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:20 pm

Well, this has just recently started happening to my W7x64/InfiniTV4/Echox1/XBOXx3/CharterCable setup.
ALL channels are affected by the "Copying Prohibited - The broadcaster prohibits this content from being copied. You can only play this content on the same computer on which it was recorded" error message (even ones I now for a fact have no DRM).
So far, I've tried restarting the PC and all extenders. This has not resolved the problem. There has been no new software installed on my PC that I'm aware of.
I guess the next option will be to try and re-install CableTV advisor and PlayReady and report my results...

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon May 20, 2013 5:10 pm

tlamot01 wrote:Well, this has just recently started happening to my W7x64/InfiniTV4/Echox1/XBOXx3/CharterCable setup.
ALL channels are affected by the "Copying Prohibited - The broadcaster prohibits this content from being copied. You can only play this content on the same computer on which it was recorded" error message (even ones I now for a fact have no DRM).
So far, I've tried restarting the PC and all extenders. This has not resolved the problem. There has been no new software installed on my PC that I'm aware of.
I guess the next option will be to try and re-install CableTV advisor and PlayReady and report my results...
If this only on one channel? If so, I would recommend that you upgrade to our beta firmware, and then open a support ticket if the problem continues.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation