Tuning Live TV after Boot

atomsapple

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuning Live TV after Boot

Post by atomsapple » Sun May 19, 2013 4:32 am

So, I've got an issue that I haven't been able to find any information on. I'm not sure whether this is related to my setup, but I'm pretty sure it has occurred since I initially setup my machine.

On a fresh boot (or restart), when I attempt to tune a channel, the channel does not tune and I see a blue screen (not BSOD). I usually have to click the stop button on my remote, tune another channel 3 or 4 times, and eventually it will tune. I won't have another problem again until I restart the computer. Everything is still fine if I restart WMC. It's the oddest thing, and is more of an inconvenience than anything. But I'd still like to try to fix this.

HP ProLiant N40L
Windows 7 x64
1 SSD + 4 HDs (using Drive Bender)
Ceton InfiniTV4 PCI-E + HDHomeRun Dual (QAM)
GeForce GT 520

My codec setup is strictly Haali and nothing else. I solely watch Live/Recorded TV, or H.264 movies in MKV containers.

I thought it may have been related to having my Recorded TV (and Live TV buffer) on the drive pool, but I set it to the SSD and the issue persists. I've also tried beta Ceton drivers, Nvidia drivers, etc.

Any ideas?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:45 am

It sounds like you are trying to tune channels that require the InfiniTV before the InfiniTV is fully operational. It takes a bit for the InfiniTV to fully boot and for WMDRM pairing to occur. Your InfiniTV will be unable to tune any channels until that process is complete.

BTW, you don't have to try tuning other channels. If you only issue one tune request and then wait, the InfiniTV will eventually become operational and video will start playing.

AnthonyB

Post by AnthonyB » Sun May 19, 2013 1:30 pm

If toy find the services that need to be started, you can try using dependancies for ehshell.exe to be started.

atomsapple

Post by atomsapple » Sun May 19, 2013 3:59 pm

richard1980 wrote:It sounds like you are trying to tune channels that require the InfiniTV before the InfiniTV is fully operational. It takes a bit for the InfiniTV to fully boot and for WMDRM pairing to occur. Your InfiniTV will be unable to tune any channels until that process is complete.

BTW, you don't have to try tuning other channels. If you only issue one tune request and then wait, the InfiniTV will eventually become operational and video will start playing.
Here's the thing, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with time. If I boot the system and immediately launch WMC and attempt to tune, I'll get the "Searching for Tuners" message. Also, I have the HDHomeRun setup as the first two tuners for 8 or so channels. Even if I attempt to tune these from the start, it's the same. It doesn't seem to be related specifically to the InfiniTV.