InfiniTV 6 ETH & 4PCIE .NET error trying to upgrade firmware

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
scyto

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV 6 ETH & 4PCIE .NET error trying to upgrade firmware

Post by scyto » Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 am

I am trying to upgrade my InfiniTV 6 ETH but the application is generating the following fault (windows 8 64bit) when I select hardware update 7359 (or any update)

**update** I get the same error trying to the InfiniTV 4 PCIE that is in the same system.
**update 2** seems this was caused by doing an upgrade install to the latest ceton package. a complete uninstall, reboot, install, reboot of the package and fixed it . This error is generally caused by corrupt DLL's according to the interwebs.

What we would be better is if the install MSI package repair function actually worked INSTEAD of erroring because it cant find the source MSI (do you guys at ceton need to have an MSI creation tool that works properly....and test all action paths in the MSI) also the install package doesn't let one remove a component to completely uninstall it without uninstalling everything - very annoying.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Ceton.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=19572cd5deb5fefa' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'Ceton.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=19572cd5deb5fefa'
at Ceton.Diagnostics.Utility.ToolSelection.‡—
‡Š““ˆ‰Ž()
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

<cut>

makryger

Post by makryger » Thu May 16, 2013 2:09 am

Sounds like JazJon may have a workaround.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 020#p51020
My Channel Logos XL: Get your Guide looking good! ~~~~ TunerSalad: Increase the 4-tuner limit in 7MC

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu May 16, 2013 3:45 am

What version of the diag tool do you currently have installed? Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

scyto

Post by scyto » Thu May 16, 2013 3:51 am

erkotz wrote:What version of the diag tool do you currently have installed? Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the newest version
yes the uninstall was required- see **update 2** in the original post

That said you installer package isn't very good - for example it won't let one just uninstall the diagnostic component from the change menu in add/remove programs. Also the repair action path doesn't work at all - it errors looking for the MSI that was in the unpacked temp location - this indicates that your packaging tool is not creating the package properly.

My suspicion is that upgrading one version of the driver package with another doesn't work in many instances.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 am

I am curious as this might have been one of the instances where you had the Windows 7 drivers installed, did an upgrade or something. I know we did windows 8 to windows 8. Would be interested to know about the original install of the old driver.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

scyto

Post by scyto » Thu May 16, 2013 4:43 am

Motz wrote:I am curious as this might have been one of the instances where you had the Windows 7 drivers installed, did an upgrade or something. I know we did windows 8 to windows 8. Would be interested to know about the original install of the old driver.
never had win7 on here only win8.
is there a log that could tell me what versions were installed previously?

The sequence was probably

install win8 OS -> install a version of ceton drivers package -> install one or more driver packages over time -> install latest stable today -> install beta -> uninstall beta -> reinstall beta