Partial/Incomplete Recordings

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
habsfan

HTPC Specs: Show details

Partial/Incomplete Recordings

Post by habsfan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:03 pm

Lately I have been getting quite a few incomplete recordings or recordings that seem to stop in the middle of a show and restart a few seconds later as a separate file. It seems to be random for the most part with the exception of Two Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men. For the past few weeks every time it records those shows, it will show that I have 4-6 episodes of each. It might record 10 minutes, then 2 minutes, then 6 minutes, then 12 minutes. The other thing that is happening is occasionally I will get an incomplete recording. For instance Shark Tank recorded started at 9:00 but the recording started around 9:54 (only 1 or 2 other shows were recording so it wasn't a conflict issue).

Here is the history for one of the shows that recently was recorded (2 broke girls) and was broken up into 4 recordings:

Recording 1 started on Tuner 2 (Ceton) and recorded about 23 minutes. It said it began as scheduled but stopped early due to a schedule change.

Recording 2 began a few seconds later also on Tuner 2 and said it began late due to a temporary failure caused by a either a system malfunction or power loss and stopped early due to a schedule change. This one recorded about 4 minutes.

Recording 3 was about 2 minutes and used tuner 1 and had the same message as recording 2.

The last recording used tuner 4 and was about 1 minute and also had the same message as the 2nd recording.

I also am seeing a lot of recordings listed in the history (for this show and many others) stating it was not recorded: missed due to a temporary failure caused by either a system malfunction or power loss. This is on almost every show, even those that did record successfully.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Is your tuner overheating? click here http://192.168.200.1/Services/1/Tuner.html What is your temperature?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:58 pm

habsfan wrote: Two Broke Girls .... Two and a Half Men ... Shark Tank
It's your local PBS station trying bout a new fund drive technique!

habsfan

Post by habsfan » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:34 pm

Crash2009 wrote:Is your tuner overheating? click here http://192.168.200.1/Services/1/Tuner.html What is your temperature?
Temps range from 35-40C. I have a PCI fan installed next to the Ceton to keep it running cool.

foxwood wrote:
habsfan wrote: Two Broke Girls .... Two and a Half Men ... Shark Tank
It's your local PBS station trying bout a new fund drive technique!
LOL!

habsfan

Post by habsfan » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:13 am

I'm still having this issue. I did update to the latest Ceton drivers last month. For instance, tonight it was recording The Voice and Hell's Kitchen. I wasn't watching anything else on live or recorded tv (I was on an xbox acting as an extender watching a video on Media Browser) and 2 errors popped up on the extender. I hit cancel (only option on the error which stated there was a recording error). I looked at the files on the drive where it records and did see 2 files listed here for each show now. I looked at the history in Media center and saw this:

The Windows media Center receiver service terminated unexpectedly. tuner 1, 7:57-8:31

Seems like it's something in Windows causing this. I'm wondering if I need to do a format/re-install? If I do that, are there any considerations I should know? Will I lose all my series that I setup recordings for? I'll make sure I write down all my settings for everything installed.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:05 pm

This is a bit of a dart as I don't have enough data to say for certain, but try this hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2746119
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

TeddyR

Post by TeddyR » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Another "shot in the dark"... These are known to affect WMC and network tuners (which the Ceton is technically)

- If you have any other AV program other than MSSE/MSDefender and windows firewall, uninstall them completely (disable is not enough), reboot.

- If you have the Cisco VPN adapter (IPSEC) client installed, also remove it completely, reboot. (This may affect other VPN clients, but I know for sure that the Cisco one is a problem... the driver conflicts with the Ceton drivers.

- Make sure that the network interfaces are on the "Private/Home" zone. Sometimes changes on the network like changing homegroup name or adding/changing routers would cause windows to "rediscover" interfaces and put them in the default "Public" zone.
Time is on my side.

varys40

Post by varys40 » Tue May 14, 2013 7:33 pm

Did you ever fix this problem? I've been having a lot of these issues as well. I've noticed they seem to happen if after I start watching something using Media Browser. Whatever is recording will tend to stop due to "service not available" type of errors. Unfortunately, my InfiniTV won't update the FW, but I think that might be due to something unrelated.

I'm wondering if I don't have enough memory on my HTPC. I have 8 GB installed, but I occasionally get errors within Windows that state something like "low system resources".