WHS Share Permissions for 360 and Linksys Extenders?

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
diggityDawg

HTPC Specs: Show details

WHS Share Permissions for 360 and Linksys Extenders?

Post by diggityDawg » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:30 pm

I've got all of my video setup in a share on my WHS called "Videos". I've granted read permissions to Guest for the entire share. When I browse try to add it to my Media Library on the Linksys extender or XBOX360 it doesn't show under my WHS. Actually, the only share that does show is "Photos", which has the exact same permissions set...?? I remember having to go into the security on the folder itself and manually adding the extender user, but I can't find that user on my WHS or on my Media Center machine either. Are there some concrete instructions for setting this up so I can actually use my media on these extenders?

I know I used to have it working, but since upgrading the HTPC to Win7 it hasn't worked, and I've been too busy to dedicate any time to getting it working until now...

Thanks for the help!
Eddie

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:54 pm

What version of WHS are you using? In version 1 in the WHS console in the settings there was an option for Windows Media Center extender access against the folders
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

diggityDawg

Post by diggityDawg » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:12 pm

I'm using version 1. Never upgraded to the new version. I'll check that setting tonight, but I'm fairly certain I've set it so extenders have access to the folders. Anything else I can try? I thought I remember seeing a guide to setting this up before, but it's been a couple years and I can't find it now...