1080p delay (sound/video out of sync)

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
chosenone

HTPC Specs: Show details

1080p delay (sound/video out of sync)

Post by chosenone » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Anyone notice ESPN is out of sync when using 1080p? Still looking for other channel that have the same issue.

cdcellular

Post by cdcellular » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:57 pm

I don't notice any audio out of sync, but I do notice all video playback from this device is suffering some problem with frame rate or buffering issues. Every video i watch whether it is recorded tv or live tv, the frame rate seems to drop every few seconds. My wife can hardly watch anything on it because she says its giving her a headache. I hope they fix this soon.

RichardAZ

Post by RichardAZ » Sat May 11, 2013 10:16 pm

I have similar issues since buying my Ceton Echo. 1080p TV recorded upstairs and converted to AVI's has nothing but audio/video sync issues. I have a gigabit wired network, so it's not a bandwidth issue. Very frustrating. The cheap PC that I had as an extender before was fine. As in my DLNA Samsung TV. I think I am going to send back the Ceton Echo, too buggy to be useable, unfortunately. It's smaller than the PC I had, but doesn't work well enough.

I'm going to contact Ceton before I give up, so will see what their support can do.

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Mon May 13, 2013 7:49 am

I just started getting no video with audio only randomly. This current firmware is riddled with bugs and stability problems. Still nothing from Ceton. I appreciate they are working on Android, but reliable playback should take priority.