Suggestions: Android My Media Center app

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
jeff9315

HTPC Specs: Show details

Suggestions: Android My Media Center app

Post by jeff9315 » Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm

I love My Media Center on my Nexus 7. I hope that I can use it to manage all of my TV and movie watching activities, as well as manage my TV shows and Movies. In order to make that happen, I suggest the following improvements:

1. Details within the Gallery and the "Recorded Shows" ... The detailed views within each of these contain very different information and allow you to do slightly different things. I suggest these should be exactly the same. For example, one shows the Episode Number but not the Recorded Date and Original Air Date. The other shows Recorded Date and Original Air Date but not the Episode Number.

2. Activities within the Gallery and the "Recorded Shows" ... One allows you to Play and Delete while the other allows you only to Play. Both should have the same functionality.

3. New Activities and MetaData I would like to see:

.... a. In every location that shows a list of upcoming recordings, show a list of alternate dates) ... and allow you to record on those dates instead.

.... b. Show the actual amount of time the show airs for, plus the amount of time you've scheduled for recording it (in case you add time to the beginning or end).

.... c. Show whether there is a conflict that will stop a recording from happening or that will cause the beginning or end of an episode to be missed (possibly due to the padding at the beginning and end of a show).

... d. In the list of Activities and list of Shows To Be Recorded, show how many tuners are being used so that you can see if potential issues will occur.

... e. When scheduling recording a show in Standard definition, point out dates/times the same showing is in HD.

... f. Allow prioritization of the shows. This is available on the Extender but not in the app.

Thanks ... Jeff

Motz

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Motz » Mon May 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Ensure that you post these as feature requests at http://tracker.cetoncorp.com/
I Write, Code, and Tweet