ATI Digital Cable Tuners - $25 each

Sell and buy stuff from other TGBers!
Forum rules
WARNING: Always use caution when purchasing from strangers. Remember this site does NOT provide buyer protection. Never send your credit card information to a user.
yums

HTPC Specs: Show details

ATI Digital Cable Tuners - $25 each

Post by yums » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:23 am

UPDATE: These have been sold. THANK YOU!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone interested in three ATI Cable Tuners? I have three of them I do not need anymore. These tuners worked great for 3 years, but I moved to a Verizon FiOS area and they are not compatible(had to upgrade to the Ceton). Originally paid $250 each (ouch)

$25 each
or $60 for all three
I still have all accessories and even the original box (for two of them). Located in Dallas area.

Thanks!
Last edited by yums on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

DaveJMathews

Post by DaveJMathews » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:54 pm

I Pulled up the specs but not many photos for it. I see it supports cable card NTSC/ATSC/Clear Qam. Do you know the output of the card. This is basically what my internal is now, but I am limited to 1080i because it is an older card. ATi didn't list the output specs for these.

I might be interested.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:09 am

There is no such thing as the output of the card. OCURs just pass the digital bitstream through - it is whatever your cable provider sends. 1080p is not a typical broadcast format (either 720p or 1080i is used) so it is unlikely you will get any 1080p from cable.
If you have an internal ATI OCUR already, this is the exact same thing - it is literally the same card with a case around it.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:01 pm

erkotz wrote:There is no such thing as the output of the card. OCURs just pass the digital bitstream through - it is whatever your cable provider sends. 1080p is not a typical broadcast format (either 720p or 1080i is used) so it is unlikely you will get any 1080p from cable.
If you have an internal ATI OCUR already, this is the exact same thing - it is literally the same card with a case around it.

I had a few of these before I upgraded to InifniTV4. Renting multiple M-cards was not fun, but it was the only one available. I think I paid $320 for each of them when they came out. So, $430 for Ceton was a bargain. :-)

The internal just sits in the PCI slot, without any connections to it, and connects to a USB header on the motherboard, and gets power through a floppy drive connector.

Can Ceton write firmware for these to support Symulcript? :-) AMD/ATI really abandoned these.