Frustration with Recordings channels

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
pcguy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Frustration with Recordings channels

Post by pcguy » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:53 pm

Using My Media Center 13.2.26.1063 on Windows Media Center on Windows8 x64 and iPad app. Extremely frustrated with the apparently willy nilly channel selection that is out of my control when using the iPad app. I need to selection SD only broadcasts via my cable tv set top box. If I select SD Only New shows only then the application is selecting channels that I do not get since I am not paying for that tier. I want to be able to go in and tell the app only use say channel 4 and no other channel. I however can not do that!

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm

In Media Center (not on the phone/tablet), open the Guide. Select the channel that you do not subscribe to, and move left until it selects the channel name/number. Click on it, and disable the channel. Repeat this for every channel that you do not subscribe to.

Now, does it work as expected?

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:22 pm

I completely customize my channels inside of Windows Media Center. I do it via the settings-> TV -> Guide -> Edit channels and it will give you a list of all your channels.

After you edit out the channels you don't want any more go to the "channels" section of the app (or guide on win8) and hit sync channals and your new lineup will appear.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

pcguy

Post by pcguy » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:12 pm

Well hopefully that fixes the problem regarding recording the wrong channel . What about if I only want recordings to be SD channels but yet be able to view HD channels via live stream on Win8 Media Center? Right now in My Media Center I have to remember to go in and edit the recording characteristics to use SD only channels.

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 pm

You can set your default recording preferences inside of WMC settings and say SD preferred. We use these same settings when scheduling recordings.
I Write, Code, and Tweet