RadioTime MCE Presets not working anymore?

cw-kid

HTPC Specs: Show details

RadioTime MCE Presets not working anymore?

Post by cw-kid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:29 pm

Hello

I am using the Windows Media Center RadioTime add-in I downloaded from here http://radiotime.com/tv/media_center

I've not used it for a while but it did work in the past, now however my list of presets in Radiotime Media Center do not seem to update, for example in the media center interface if I browse to a radio station and press info button and then add that station to my presets, if I then go back to the presets list in radiotime media center the new station is not listed. I am able to login to my account OK.

If I go to the RadioTime now called TuneIn website in Internet Explorer and login I can see the new station is listed in my presets OK there. If I add another new station in to presets from the website that station is also not seen in the presets list in Windows Media Center.

I've emailed their support just wondered if anyone else has this problem?

Thanks

Stuart
Stuart

The Media Center Blog Tips Tricks & News!
The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Just installed the free TuneIn iOS app on my iPod touch, logged in with my TuneIn account details and all my radio presets are showing no problem, they just don't seem to update anymore in the Media Center version.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:02 pm

How many hours later? My new radio presets have just suddenly appeared in RadioTime MCE very strange.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:28 pm

The radiotime plugin works fine, just like you discovered it takes a while (12 hours for me once) for changes to your stations to show. It goes the same way not just if you add, but remove stations. Also just fyi there are less stations in radiotime now as CBS has decided to remove all their radio stations from the program in favor of their own project iheartradio.com

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks for the confirmation, I don't remember this happening previously but I have not used RadioTime MCE for some time.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:06 am

It seems allot faster tonight! I went to the TuneIn website added some folders moved some radio stations in to them added a new radio station and these changes showed in Media Center pretty much right away.

TuneIn support say "Windows Media Center is no longer supported after an update from Microsoft made it incompatible unfortunately."

Not sure what they mean by that as it seems to work OK still.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle

johnpmorton

Post by johnpmorton » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:41 am

Development stopped on this product a VERY long tome ago - I signed up for email notifications at least several months ago for something new they were developing for WIndows Media Center - and no word yet - The other problem is that some stations are blocked from working too - so it can be frustrating - There is an application called VMC Netstation that is free and together with URL snooper and a little bit of time will allow you to insert web radio stations directly into the radio section of MC - you can even add the station logos. I have used it for quite some time and once installed and set up playback is glitch free.

hillyerm

Post by hillyerm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 am

Does anyone have a copy of VMC Netstation? The VMC_nSC_V4.zip link in the other forum is now dead.

cw-kid

Post by cw-kid » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 am

hillyerm wrote:Does anyone have a copy of VMC Netstation? The VMC_nSC_V4.zip link in the other forum is now dead.
VMC Netstation ? - No I just looked, but I haven't got that particular add-on in my archive on my server sorry.
Stuart

The Digital Lifestyle