Multiple HD-PVRs with WMC

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
wolfie99

HTPC Specs: Show details

Multiple HD-PVRs with WMC

Post by wolfie99 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:43 pm

Hi There, I'm an old SageTV guy moving back to Media Center. In my old Sage setup, I had a couple satellite set top boxes controlled by 2 HD-PVR's. I would like to do the same with with Media Center. I have a single HD-PVR controlling a single satellite set top box. Works fine. My question is how do I configure Media Center and the HD-PVR software for the second HD-PVR/Set top box? Is this even possible? When I went through the Hauppauge documentation, they said that you can only use one HD-PVR in Media Center. Is this correct? If this is so, can I replace the HD-PVR's with a Colossus to get multiple satellite set top boxes to work? I have searched and searched and can't find any information on this.

Thanks In Advance

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:45 pm

I no longer run HDPVRs, but I had been running two HDPVRs at the same time with no real issues. I never got around to trying the native software from Hauppauge to do it though. I used the software outlined here:

http://1geek1tool.com/hdpvr

It was a little tricky to setup, but worked fine for me. Sorry I can't be more of a help, but I moved to a CableCARD a year or two ago.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:08 pm

This topic has come up several times in the past. The user named Venom51 has replied in the past with specifics. You might try searching for his posts on this subject.