Various problems with the infiniTV 4 PCIe

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Phil Seastrand

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Phil Seastrand » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:21 am

I have a similar setup. The good thing is that it also helps cool the entire chassis. I'm surprised more "high-end" systems don't have internal fans.

mattiedread

Post by mattiedread » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:24 pm

Nice set up - I don't have that much space. I'm toying with adding one of the fans linked above but need to upgrade my S - ATA cables from 2 drives to 12" from 6" first.

I just popped the Ceton back in and it passed all tests.... needed to get a second TA as I'm running an HD HR also, not that I'll ever need 7 tuners but I had all of them tuned to HDCP channels at once for a few minutes. So, everything is very cool, thanks... well every thing is working well, 'cool' may not be the correct word there!

mattiedread

Post by mattiedread » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Paw Paw wrote:
Dkeyguy1 wrote:
mattiedread wrote:
I wish there was a PCI fan you could buy for 10 bucks and point is directly at the card... Might remove the 500GB HD also... I have a week or two to figure it all out.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835119097

I mounted a small 40mm fan in the empty drive bays that were is front of my Ceton card and pointed it to blow across the ceton card toward the back of the case. That lowered my temps by 10 degrees C.
I put one of these in, and it is just too loud. The molex connector isn't one of those light plastic ones where you can easily pull the hot wire out of the 12v and move it to the 5:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6835129025

I think I may be going for the 12.99 (linked above - free shipping) one if changing the voltage to fan doesn't work. However, for the few hours I ran it it kept the card very cool. I also took out a 500GB HD and moved my case fans from 5 to 7 V and while recording two channels, one usb the other Ceton and watching recorded TV the card temp never breached 49C (with Antec fan uplugged for several hours. The 12V option on the case fans is too loud). I like the double fan linked above because it has both speed control and flimsy molex so switching to 7 V, low speed would probably be quiet but provide enough cooling if set right next to the cable card side of the Ceton.

How loud is the 12 99 one linked above on low speed/"Silent Mode' as the features describe it?

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:44 am

Mine are quiet enough so you can't hear them without opening the case, on high they can be heard constantly