Xbox Stingray?

Chat with other TGB members about whatever is on your mind.
werds

HTPC Specs: Show details

Xbox Stingray?

Post by werds » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:25 am

I wonder if it will still offer WMC extender capabilities... if so this may be an intriguing way to continue to add extenders on the cheap! :D

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:32 am

werds wrote:I wonder if it will still offer WMC extender capabilities... if so this may be an intriguing way to continue to add extenders on the cheap! :D
Yeah but all their Live stuff now (not talking extender fucntion) requires a subscription - so while the box may be cheap and do Live functions only - they might still charge you a monthly fee to use it. I'd wait on more concrete details before we all start speculating this though *too late*

werds

Post by werds » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:36 am

staknhalo wrote:
werds wrote:I wonder if it will still offer WMC extender capabilities... if so this may be an intriguing way to continue to add extenders on the cheap! :D
Yeah but all their Live stuff now (not talking extender fucntion) requires a subscription - so while the box may be cheap and do Live functions only - they might still charge you a monthly fee to use it. I'd wait on more concrete details before we all start speculating this though *too late*
Yea I was kind of wondering what was going to get cut or what barriers may arrive to get at a $99 price point. Either way speculating is fun, now if I can pair these with some InfiniTV 6's that would be awesome :lol:

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:07 am

werds wrote:
staknhalo wrote:
Yea I was kind of wondering what was going to get cut or what barriers may arrive to get at a $99 price point. Either way speculating is fun, now if I can pair these with some InfiniTV 6's that would be awesome :lol:
But if it's Live only services - the extender function might not even be included cause it's not a Live function :X I obviously hope that isn't the case.

werds

Post by werds » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:25 pm

staknhalo wrote:
But if it's Live only services - the extender function might not even be included cause it's not a Live function :X I obviously hope that isn't the case.
I would be crushed if that occured :(