ETA for music support & more

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
tad

HTPC Specs: Show details

ETA for music support & more

Post by tad » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Is there any rough ETA for music library support?

Also, has there been any consideration given to multiple entry points and/or separate music and TV apps? Specifically, it would be nice to be able to access either the music or tv control directly from the home screen of the device. This might also be a way for Ceton to introduce an additional revenue stream (i.e., sell the music control app for another $5). I suspect a lot of people would want to use only one or the other (or at least use them at different times).

My own motivation is that I want to be able to invoke either the music or TV app through buttons from my homebrew android app that I'm using on my android tablets that controls my whole-house audio/video system. I'd liek to be able to hit a "Browse Music" button and invoke the music control portion of the Companion App, with the same for TV.

Along the same lines, with respect to iOS, is there any chance you (Ceton) will register URL schemes for different portions of the Companion App? It's easy to invoke another app from Android, but impossible on iOS unless the app has a registered URL scheme. You could use something like ceton://.

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 pm

Hi tad.

We will be be adding Music support but can't give an ETA. We have our own goal date but priorities get shifted so right now it is too early to provide a public ETA.

For the iOS URL schemes--yes we will be.

tad

Post by tad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Nice! It's reassuring to hear it's still on the horizon. Keep up the good work over there.

Awesome news about the URL schemes - I'm not sure how to get the corresponding functionality in Android, but that would be awesome too!

johnnycat15

Post by johnnycat15 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:45 am

I am waiting somewhat patiently for the music as well.

johnnycat15

Post by johnnycat15 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:44 pm

Any word on when we might see Music Integration ?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:37 am

It is on the roadmap, but no eta at this time.
I Write, Code, and Tweet