Maybe HDMI handshake problems?

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
watts3000

HTPC Specs: Show details

Maybe HDMI handshake problems?

Post by watts3000 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:07 am

Guys I'm having some strange video problems with one of my win 7 media centers it's almost like it's some sort of hdmi handshake problem. My tv is connected to a Pioneer VSX 520 receiver and the video card is an ATI HD6670 running the latest drivers. Let's say the tv is connected to the cable box feed and we change it over to the feed that's running windows media center sometimes instead of the resolution coming in at 1080p it will come in at 1024 so you will have to switch back to the cable box feed than switch back again for it to correct the resolution in some case this has to be done several times. Also another problem is you switch to the media center and windows media centers gui looks washed out or expanded it's almost like you are trying to extend your desktop display over two lcd monitors the only thing that fixes that is a hard reboot. Now I don't know if this problem is related to hdmi anyway if you are watching live tv or a dvd and pause the video for some length of time and return to watch your video or show windows media center has minimized the tv show or video show you have to take the remote and focus it on the tiny video window that's down at the left part of the scrren click on it and the video resumes; in a perfect word I would just like the video to stay full screen all the time. Anyway guys please let me know if you've seen these problems and how I should handle it? BTW guys this problem has also happened when I was using an Nvidia GT220 my biggest problem there was screen resolution so you would have to toggle the feed back to the cable box than back to the media center.

I came across the below links

http://thydzik.com/hdmion-a-solution-to ... on-hd-tvs/

http://mymce.wordpress.com/2010/10/24/hdmiyo/

Tester

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Tester » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:51 pm

After much trial and error, I have found using Devcon to reset your video card works better than the 2 solutions posted above.
I have also found that Devcon also solves any AVR sound issues.

I wrote a very simple batch file with a 5 second delay which I attached to a Wake Event followed by MCE 8 second startup delay ( using MCE Standby tool ) and now everything always syncs correctly. This seemed to have solved all of the annoying HDMI/HCP issues I've had to deal with the last 2 years.