Upgrading Video Card

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
DaveJMathews

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by DaveJMathews » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:14 am

Ended up getting the PowerColor HD7750 from new-egg 89.99 plus tax and shipping and it also came with a free copy of Far Cry 3 So pretty good deal.

I also added a PCI Sata Raid card and added some extra hard drives for personal files, music, etc. and added e-sata front and rear with it. My 350gig OS drive took a crap so I picked up a 2TB seagate on sale at best-buy. Much quicker drive and far better boot speeds and mapping in WMC I think I'm going to grab another one next time I go to best-buy and put it in Raid so I don't have to worry about it.

The Powercolor works great, had to try a few different ATI drivers but only took a couple hours to finish the setup. The card fits just perfect but it is real close to the next slot, but not physically touching. About 3/4 of the fan is exposed and it is dead quite. Almost wish I would have gone with the XFX long single slot now that I look at it but then I would have had the issue of it possibly being too close to the hard drives.

Very happy with it I have 4 case fans, power supply fan, and now a fan on the video card and you can only hear it at initial boot even with the case only a couple feet from your head in the media center next to my desk.

Thanks for everyone's input very happy with the purchase.

staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by staknhalo » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:22 am

Good stuff :)