DVR strictly for using WMC with CableCard tuner

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
barnabas1969

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by barnabas1969 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:31 pm

That suggests that you could probably run two extenders simultaneously, but not three.

staknhalo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by staknhalo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:34 am

It might get another extender paired to it in the future - but I doubt they would all be running concurrently tbh. You never know though. I'm just happy with it cause the system it replaced was a dual core Celeron E3300 (Core 2 architecture) with an Intel G31 IGP and only 2GB RAM; and the AMD setup clocks in a few watts less than the Celeron system; even with all the extra components (extra stick of RAM and dedicated GPU). Not by much, and not exact (used the System power calculator to get a ballpark on it). Plus, it has one full PCIe x16 slot and 3 PCIe x1 slots; whereas the Intel board only had 1 PCIe x16 slot and 1 PCIe x1 slot. The last and only tinkering left to do is get a more efficient PSU for it and then I'm done for good. Aside from HD TV and Netflix - the only other HD content I tried on it was an 18Mbps H.264 1080p .m2ts file, and it played perfectly - pretty pleased with it. It acts as the bedroom HTPC and extender base cause I don't want an extender session going on if I'm trying to play a game on the main HTPC.