Strobe flicker issue

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Pacmania

HTPC Specs: Show details

Strobe flicker issue

Post by Pacmania » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strobe like flicker when watching sports. Actually I started noticing the strobe flicker issue on HBO channel and was able to search a solution which is to disable the adaptive contrast enhancement setting in the Intel graphics control panel. Well it solved the flicker on the particular HBO channel. However I happen to watch basketball on ESPN and notice the strobe flicker issue again. As what I observed the strobe like flicker will only occur during the actual game but it doesn't flicker during commercial break on the same channel.

I've tried some steps to solve the issue but wasn't successful.
1.Updated the latest Infinitv firmware and hotfix
2. Disconnected the 2 way splitter and connected the tuner directly to the wall
3. Installed dedicated GTX 570 video card with latest driver
4. Updated latest motherboard bios.

I've also check the SNL on the Ceton diagnostics tool and it seems that my signal level is quite low?

Here is a capture of it
Attachments
Capture.PNG

STC

Post by STC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:27 pm

Make sure your TV does not have a setting turned on that could be affecting your findings.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

Pacmania

Post by Pacmania » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:42 pm

STC wrote:Make sure your TV does not have a setting turned on that could be affecting your findings.
There is a an Advance Adaptive Luma setting which I turned off hoping this would somehow resolve the issue but no success.

drtdiver

Post by drtdiver » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Check your video card settings for automatic contrast or dynamic contrast and disable it.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:15 pm

^ I believe the OP has already said he has done this. It's an Intel GPU.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:18 pm

See if you can test the content on either an extender or another PC/laptop (as long as the content is not protected), and see if you can duplicate the issue.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Not saying this is particularly your problem, but I experience this on only one channel on my end - NBC HD. It's the signal coming from my provider as signals in my house are all fine and any GPU/TV settings that would cause it are disabled and it occurs on all 3 of my HTPC/extender setups. Its very faint but it happens in like steps-the picture will be normal then gradually you will see black becomes sort of purple tinted, then back to black and repeat.

Pacmania

Post by Pacmania » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am

Hi guys,

I wasn't able to make a follow up in regards to the flash flicker issue. ESPN just migrated to digital starter last week since I only have the digital economy package I wasn't able to find channels that always have live sports tv. However, I was able to come across channel 706 this Saturday and happen to have live sports particularly basketball. As usual the flash flicker issue still exist.

I also checked the frame rate on the particular channel. The 59.9401 frame rate is consistent. So far, I don't have an extender to check on if this is just an isolated issue on my htpc.