InfiniTV thinks I have an S-card inserted?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
woodchuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV thinks I have an S-card inserted?

Post by woodchuck » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:58 am

Just getting my InfiniTV setup again. Inserted the CableCARD from Comcast, and the Ceton Diagnostic Tool reports that I have an Scard inserted and that I need an Mcard. When I pull the card out, there is a big giant label on it that says "M-Card". What gives??? I hope I'm just doing something wrong, as I really don't want to wait in another 60 minute line at Comcast again.

Now I think the card might have been inserted upside down. Would that have burned it out? The manual "InfiniTV 4 Detailed Installation Procedure v1.2.pdf" and the KB article http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php? ... y-detected seem to contradict themselves as to which side is up. The document shows a motorola Mcard being inserted with the label facing the coax, where the KB article says the bumps on the card should face away from the coax - the opposite of what the doc says!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:57 am

woodchuck wrote:Just getting my InfiniTV setup again. Inserted the CableCARD from Comcast, and the Ceton Diagnostic Tool reports that I have an Scard inserted and that I need an Mcard. When I pull the card out, there is a big giant label on it that says "M-Card". What gives??? I hope I'm just doing something wrong, as I really don't want to wait in another 60 minute line at Comcast again.

Now I think the card might have been inserted upside down. Would that have burned it out? The manual "InfiniTV 4 Detailed Installation Procedure v1.2.pdf" and the KB article http://cetoncorp.com/support/index.php? ... y-detected seem to contradict themselves as to which side is up. The document shows a motorola Mcard being inserted with the label facing the coax, where the KB article says the bumps on the card should face away from the coax - the opposite of what the doc says!
Here are the phone number to the CABLEcard Hotline,,,Usually less wait time. http://cetoncorp.com/infinitv_support/c ... ctivation/ The red label should be facing "away" from the coax (assuming you have an InfiniTV4 pciE)

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:41 am

Well, it was a bad cable card. Why are these things so failure prone?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:49 am

woodchuck wrote:Well, it was a bad cable card. Why are these things so failure prone?
Don't know. However mine weathered 19 BSOD's and 4 or 5 power failures in the 6 months before I killed it. Get a spare, they are paying me $2.50/month for the spare I have sitting on the bench. Wonder how long it will take them to figure that out.

woodchuck

Post by woodchuck » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:55 pm

BTW, Thanks for the help crash.