Support wait - is this typical?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
dmistretta

HTPC Specs: Show details

Support wait - is this typical?

Post by dmistretta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi,
I have had a support ticket open for quite some time with no response from them in quite a while. It was opened on the 4th. Their last response to me was on the 11th. Supposedly my ticket had been escalated to engineering but they seem to have dropped the ball.
'
Anyone have another way to contact them OTHER than updating my ticket.. which does no good.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:42 pm

What is your ticket number?
I Write, Code, and Tweet

dmistretta

Post by dmistretta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:57 pm

ZJN-954-98738

Thanks for your help.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 pm

I will be looking into it and get back to you asap.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

dmistretta

Post by dmistretta » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:44 pm

Wow! thanks for getting involved. I've provided the requested info in the ticket.

Motz

Post by Motz » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:50 pm

No problem, I believe they are handling it now and you should have a response soon.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:19 am

I was told my ticket (#ZUP-238-10759) had been escalated to engineering as well. This was back in November.

I tried updating the ticket again a couple days ago with yet another diagnostic capture, but still no response.

This is extremely frustrating.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:00 am

I will take a look at it ryan and forward it off to the guys. Sorry.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Thank you for helping, Motz!

A little more background: The system is a custom build, with DVR functionality being a priority. I went to a local shop with a reputation as expert computer builders and they recommended the Ceton.

Immediately, I began having problems with lost tuners and horrible flickering on numerous channels. The technician at the shop corresponded with Ceton under ticket #ZFV-643-84494.

After a while, I could at least get a signal but still had the awful flickering problem. But then I began experiencing the tuner loss again, having to reboot and run through the entire setup process every single time. I opened my own support ticket and sent several diagnostics.

Unfortunately, by this point a rather serious illness made further effort very difficult and I was no longer getting any response from Ceton. Fast forward to last week when I felt well enough to watch "The Sopranos" on HBO, and after about fifteen minutes the picture froze and the tuners were lost. A couple days later, I try again and have the same problem. Basic channels seem to work, but premium channels tend to lock up.

P.S. I finally solved the flickering problem myself by disabling "adaptive contrast enhancement" in the Intel Graphics control panel. Maybe that will help someone else having the same problem?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:24 pm

STILL absolutely no response from Ceton support. I don't know what else to do. I have spent SO many hours trying to get this issue resolved and have reached the limit of time and energy I can put into it.

Joshc

Post by Joshc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:22 pm

Ryan, it looks like we sent you a reply back in November but we never received a response. It might have ended up in your spam folder, we just sent you another message so let me know if you get it. Check your spam folder as well.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Thank you for the reply, Joshc.

I'm pretty sure I never got that message in November. Ceton's previous replies got through with no problem, but I kept checking my spam folder anyway. However, I did just receive a new message so I will follow up with that.

Thanks again!