Windows 8 app, won't stop recording

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
kegobeer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows 8 app, won't stop recording

Post by kegobeer » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:21 pm

I just used the Windows 8 app to start a recording on my remote Windows 8 WMC, which worked great. A few minutes later I used it to stop the recording. However, the recording didn't stop, even though the app shows it was no longer recording. I had to go to the remote computer, log in, start WMC, and then stop the recording. Has anyone else seen this? I searched the forum and didn't see anything, so my apologies if it's already been discussed.

kegobeer

Post by kegobeer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:34 am

I have the same issue with my Android app - it will start a recording, but it won't stop it. Anyone have any information about this particular problem?

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 am

This bug was submitted into our bug tracker for when something is already recording if you try to cancel the recording it will be marked as cancel but will continue to record. We do not have a solution, the only thing would be to navigate the WMC UI and do it manually. Canceling other recordings that have not started yet work just fine though.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

kegobeer

Post by kegobeer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:02 am

Thanks for the update.