Basic questions about commercial skipping

ThePaladinTech

HTPC Specs: Show details

Basic questions about commercial skipping

Post by ThePaladinTech » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 pm

So I've got my donator version of comskip, the latest dvrms toolbox, the dtb add in, and something called tv watcher (which I don't think I need?).

In any event it seems to be working, just not how I would like it. If I disable it auto-skipping the commercials is there a button I can hit to trigger a skip to then of the commercial segment? Also can the commercial segments be shown on the time line like sagetv does?

Working on getting a win7 media Center going as an alternative to my current sagetv setup. Thanks for any help.

sccrgoalie1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:07 pm

ThePaladinTech wrote:So I've got my donator version of comskip, the latest dvrms toolbox, the dtb add in, and something called tv watcher (which I don't think I need?).
Nope, you're right you don't need tv watcher
ThePaladinTech wrote: If I disable it auto-skipping the commercials is there a button I can hit to trigger a skip to then of the commercial segment?
Yup, down arrow to disable. Skip forward and back to skip the commercial segment. Buttons are customizable in the DVRMS Toolbox settings.

NOTE: You must uncheck the setting disable skip back in the settings tool for it to allow you to skip back
ThePaladinTech wrote:Also can the commercial segments be shown on the time line like sagetv does?
Only way is if you get RecordedTVHD. It has that feature built in. Highly recommended addin although I don't use the timeline view of commercial segments.