Driver confusion

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jaimeknapp

HTPC Specs: Show details

Driver confusion

Post by jaimeknapp » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:12 pm

My original install on 1/29/2013 used ceton_infinitv_setup_201111017_1_5_4304_06.exe which was the current version from the web site. Currently, the web page shows ceton_infinitv_setup_w7_sp1_20121227_12_12_26_1250.exe as the current file, which used to be listed under the beta drivers. From what I have read, this version includes a newer diagnostic tool, allowing access to a newer firmware version as well.

1 - Is there any real consensus that updating to this version is recommended?

2 - Has it created any problems that did not exist prior to the update?

3 - There seems to be no stated procedure to update. Should the existing be removed through Control Panel first?

The last thing I want to do is break what has thus far been a substantially workable system, angering the spouse. I appreciate any input.

Dkeyguy1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 am

Doing that update caused me no issues on any of three of mine, and I first uninstalled old, when not prompted to restart, installed new, restarted, waited for system to be fully up......opened diagnostic, checked, all ok, opened mc, checked, didn't have to run setup on any....cool. I am running latest firmware, on both pcie models