Media Companion on iOS

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
txshonk

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Companion on iOS

Post by txshonk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:28 am

I just added the Companion app to an iPAD2. I compared the settings to my WP8 and Windows8 laptops that work and they are the same.

However when I try to connect with the iPAD I get

"Unable to Connect"

The iPad is also on the network.

Any ideas?

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:02 am

is your time and date correct on your ipad and in sync with your htpc? that is usually the issue.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:25 am

And make sure your times zones are correct - the handshake depends on the "real" time, not the displayed time.

txshonk

Post by txshonk » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:26 am

it seems like its a password issue. The iPad wont work and authenticate the password. When I turn off the password on the Companion Configuration I can connect. The password was entered correct and works on my other devices.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:33 am

try to add the pc manually in there and try to enter the password again on it. That seems very odd, I use a password with mine.

Do you have remote access setup so you can access outside the house if so I can try it on mine if you would like to double check. just PM me.
I Write, Code, and Tweet