Problem with sharing tuner

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
all4dom

HTPC Specs: Show details

Problem with sharing tuner

Post by all4dom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:43 am

Hi Guys, not sure if you can help me. I have an infiniti pci card installed in my HTPC. I share onlt one tuner to my desktop, ehioch is next to my pc. I am having a problem where my desktop with only one tuner will not stay on. I set it up and it works, but I do not get a few HD channels. Then a little while later I get no picture on any channel and I resetup the tuner sharring and everything would work. So yesterday I setup my desktop to "away settings" and everything worked for awhile. This evening I had the same problem with no picture so I restarted my PC and everything worked. Both PC's are semi high end and my HTPC was just built back in december. My router is a linksys and I am running a gigabit network and like I said both unites are right next to each oter. I have windows firewall and ms anti virus setup and also I am running the newest drivers from ceton. I have submitted a help ticker and am awaiting a response. ANy help from here is appreciated.
Thanks
Dom

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:00 am

Win7 or Win8?

all4dom

Post by all4dom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:23 pm

Win 7.

all4dom

Post by all4dom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 pm

I am not sure if this would matter, but when i use the diagnostic tools on the htpc where the card is located, everything is good, but when i run the diagnostic tool on the pc where the tuner is shared, i get a question mark for cable card verification in the diagnostic tools.

all4dom

Post by all4dom » Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:24 pm

So no response on this board & no email response since sunday..either a bug in your system & u can't fix it or a flaw with sdv?