Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB not installing - Unknown device

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Ruszip

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ceton InfiniTV 4 USB not installing - Unknown device

Post by Ruszip » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:44 pm

I really need some help, My ceton usb in not installing, it is showing as an "unknown device" in usb controllers in hardware manager. I have 2 , one installed on one computer fine, the second did not. I followed the instructions with no progress, i even reinstalled Windows 7, when i try to install the driver the it says the folder doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. There is nothing actually wrong with the device, i tested it on the the computer that did install correctly and it installed fine. all of the windows updates have been done, all drivers a re the latest ones. any ideas?

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:23 pm

Do you have it plugged into a USB 2.0 or 3.0 port?
If you have it plugged into a 3.0 port try moving it to a 2.0 port. I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that there was a compatibility problem with 3.0 ports with the Ceton USB.. That may have been corrected already I'm not sure.

Have you updated the USB unit to the latest Firmware? If so, tried the BETA Firmware and driver set?

Tried installing it with and without the cableCARD installed in the device?
It could also be a bad USB port on the mainboard you are plugging it into. Tried a different port?
newfiend~

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 am

What does it show the USB VID and PID as?
Also, does it work on another PC? What color is the LED on the InfiniTV?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Ruszip

Post by Ruszip » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:57 am

as far as the usb ports, i only have usb 2.0 on that computer, and i tried every port. as far as drivers, the drivers on the beta page are the same as the main page. and i looked at the device instance path in device manager where the vid and pid are listed, i didn't copy and paste, but there were a lot of zeros. i have 2 computers that i got these for. one computer installs them both, the other installs neither. the one i am having problems with seems to be a problem with the computer, not sure whats going on., but i read about how the pci-e version isn't compatible with nforce chip sets, maybe the usb isn't either. i think i will just have to break down and but a new motherboard, cpu and ram and ditch this board, it about 5 years old. not that old, but maybe too old.

Ruszip

Post by Ruszip » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:58 am

by the way, light was blue, solid on, no flashing.

Motz

Post by Motz » Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 pm

I would just put in a ticket with support to see if they can help, also make sure you do a diagnostics with it.

I would assume first unplug the device, install our drivers from the site, re-boot PC, and plug in tuner.
I Write, Code, and Tweet