Interlacing artifacts with motion

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
shortcut3d

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by shortcut3d » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:47 am

I get severe combing on the Echo on HGTV. The same recordings on the Xbox 360 do not have this issue. Same with the 29/59 "bug", the Echo stutters on HBO whereas the Xbox 360 is smooth as butter. I say 29/59 bug knowing all well it stems from incorrectly encoded content. The bug is some video cards and the mpeg codec in WMC do not play nice with each other. If the cable co boxes or Xbox handle 29/59 content well, then it is a WMC and video card bug.

richard1980

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by richard1980 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:47 am

shortcut3d wrote:I get severe combing on the Echo on HGTV. The same recordings on the Xbox 360 do not have this issue.
That immediately rules out the 29/59 issue (at least I think it does...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Xbox 360 exhibit combing on 29/59 content? Unless Microsoft integrated some other method of detecting interlacing, it would have to have combing when playing 29/59 content.)
shortcut3d wrote:The bug is some video cards and the mpeg codec in WMC do not play nice with each other. If the cable co boxes or Xbox handle 29/59 content well, then it is a WMC and video card bug.
See, this is what I was talking about. Here's an example of misconception at its finest! Try reading my explanation of the issue on page 1 of this thread, or any other posts I've written on this topic.