Subtitles and MKV Files

bc993

HTPC Specs: Show details

Subtitles and MKV Files

Post by bc993 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi All:

First off I have MC8 installed and love it . I recently started converting some bd and dvd's to MKV and these also seem to work quite well using Shark007 and playing them back in MC8 (Movies). The only thing I'm missing is getting the subtitles to play as my girlfriend is hearing impaired and the subs don't show and I can't find anywhere to turn them on in MC8 . I think I included the subs when I made the MKV but when I try playing them back using Media Player and right click, then select: lyrics,captions subs and choose "On if available" I still don't get them to show up. So did I fail in creating the MKV file or is there something else I am missing. I used MakeMKV and made sure the subs were checked.
On another note the Netflix MC8 plugin (Movies) doesn't seem to do captions either. I have to go via the web browser and Netflix to get CC/Subtitles so there is also something wrong here too.
Anyone know if this does or does not work? I hate to have to go out of Media Center. I'm a rookie with MC8. It is however an awesome setup teamed with an HD Homerun prime and I look forward to sending all our cable boxes back to Comcast real soon.
If anyone has gotten either the Netflix MC plugin or MKV subs to work can you let me know that it does indeed work and I'll keep mucking along at getting things right .

Thanks,
BC

Shark007

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Shark007 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:23 am

select the [x] SUGGESTED settings checkbox at the bottom of the Settings Application.
For Media Center use on 64bit systems, do this in the 64bit Settings Application
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs