TWC + Pac-12 Network in SoCal?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
hwci

HTPC Specs: Show details

TWC + Pac-12 Network in SoCal?

Post by hwci » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:10 pm

I wanted to see if anyone else with a Ceton InfiniTV/Cablecard/WMC7 setup with Time Warner in Southern California was having issues tuning the Pac-12 Network (channel 370). I've been having this issue for several weeks now (it previously worked). As far as I know all other channels (including SDV channels) are working fine. Time Warner went through the usual truck roll and cablecard/tuning adapter replacement to try to fix the issue, but it didn't. They tested the channel with a set top box, and we were able to tune it. But not with my WMC. They had called the cablecard hotline and the representative said they had seen some strange issues with cablecard devices occasionally, but didn't have a solution. So can anyone verify that they can tune channel 370? It's part of the Variety Tier?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:10 am

Could you please clarify what type of issue you are seeing, and what error message, if any, you receive.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

hwci

Post by hwci » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:52 pm

The message is:

Service is unavailable
There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later.

It was tuning fine about 5 weeks ago.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:35 am

I would recommend opening a ticket with out support. We would nee additional logs to determine what is happening here
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Paw Paw

Post by Paw Paw » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:59 pm

I had a similiar experience last year and was able to clear it by forcing a new CableCard Map to be downloaded.

Open the Ceton Diags and click on the Devices tab. Then click on Go to Infinity TV device webpage.
Click on the CableCard tab and then click on the Clear Channel Map button. After a few minutes the CablCard will pick up an new Channel Map.

Maybe that will resolve your issue.