NSG-MR5U remote and WMC7

A place to talk about GPUs/Motherboards/CPUs/Cases/Remotes, etc.
chuchi78

HTPC Specs: Show details

NSG-MR5U remote and WMC7

Post by chuchi78 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:08 am

I recently bought this remote to use with WMC7. It seemed like it would be the ideal HTPC remote, and I'm using eventghost to map the buttons, but I'm having a couple of issues with it:

1) The mouse trackpad doesn't work. I can see it come up as thousands of events in Eventghost when I touch it, but I'm looking for a way to have my PC see it as a trackpad as intended. Any ideas?

2) This is purely a bluetooth remote, which means it has no IR emitter. Instead, it uses an IR blaster hooked up to the GoogleTV box it comes with to send IR signals to a TV or Amp. Is there a program that would allow me to connect a USB IR blaster to my PC and map the tv power button on the remote to operate my tv?

Thanks

chuchi78

Post by chuchi78 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 am

Ok, so I've managed to pair the remote with my PC. Although the keyboard works fine and I can map the remote buttons, the trackpad doesn't work at all. I've tried pairing it to 3 different PCs but no response from the mouse. Does anyone have any idea how to get it recognized as both a keyboard/mouse instead of just a keyboard?

chuchi78

Post by chuchi78 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:59 pm

*BUMP*

Does anyone have any info on how to get the trackpad portion of this remote working in Windows7?

flint255

Post by flint255 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Hey Chuchi78 don't give up I want to do the same thing with the Sony remote. I have an HTPC and this remote looks great. Please hit me back if you found a way to fix the mouse track issue.

Your number 1 fan!!!

-Flint (yo Joe)

antonba

Post by antonba » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:02 am

flint255 wrote:Hey Chuchi78 don't give up I want to do the same thing with the Sony remote. I have an HTPC and this remote looks great. Please hit me back if you found a way to fix the mouse track issue.

Your number 1 fan!!!

-Flint (yo Joe)
I am trying to do the same with the remote as well. Just now that it became cheap enough I think a lot of people will want to use it with the right software (NOT google tv).

chuchi78

Post by chuchi78 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Still working on it. I also contacted Sony and informed them of what a great piece of tech they have for WMC/XBMC. They may consider making drivers for the remote, but if/when they'll be available is anyone's guess. I'll post any updates here.

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:17 pm

I want one of these now!!! (obviously working with w8) atm I've got an RF remote and a unifying Logitech keyboard and trackpad...
That's all 3 !!! Why can't Microsoft make something like this for w8 for those without a touchscreen is beyond me.....
Lee