Getting stuck on Configuring Extender

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
Twist

HTPC Specs: Show details

Getting stuck on Configuring Extender

Post by Twist » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone

Yesterday I setup my Windows Media Centre to work with my Xbox upstairs which I have a wireless dongle for. Setup was smooth and my graph readings were up to HDTV so it was pretty much perfect!

However silly old me decided to Reset my router to default (which is a BT Homehub) I wanted to start a fresh as I had formatted my hard drive a few days before hand!)

Now not only did the extender not work but when I try to unistall the extender and reinstall the extender on WMC It finds the extender but than gets stuck on "Configuring Extender" then i get the unsuccessful message.

I have tried numerous things I have looked up on Google to get this working and to no avail it is so frustrating and yes I feel like an idiot for reseting my router to default!

Can anyone give me any help with this whatsoever it would be greatly appreciated

PS: Just too add I run Windows 7 Professional and I have tried turning all firewalls off.

Thank You :-)

masonstorm1979

Post by masonstorm1979 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:43 pm

I will initially clear any MCX users and MCX profiles from your c: drive. The profiles are normally located in c:\users

Twist

Post by Twist » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm

Thank you for your response. I shall try this when I reutrn home from work and let you know how it goes :-)

Twist

Post by Twist » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Can you believe it! Was my wireless dongle playing up on the Xbox. I took it out and inserted it into another USB port on the Xbox and voila!