Disappearing tuners

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
RealCodeGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Disappearing tuners

Post by RealCodeGuy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:32 am

I connected my 3rd Echo tonight and was playing video on the main rig as well as 3 extenders simultaneously. Everything was great all evening until about 10 minutes ago when the video froze on all 4 displays. I turned off the Echos and tried to restart the channel I was watching on the main PC. I received the unable to find tuners message. I rebooted and everything was fine. I don't recall this ever happening before. I have a PCIe iTV4 and a HDHR Prime on the network. My CPU load with all 4 streams running is usually around 28-35%. I hate to blame the extenders but this has never happened before throwing them in the mix. Any idea what would cause the tuners to just vanish and then reappear after a reboot?

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 am

This happened again this evening. It's always after everything has been going for a while so I think my problem may be heat related. I noticed after it's been on a while, the InfiniTV runs 1 to 3 Celsius higher than the recommended limit. I've ordered a PCI cooling fan card from Newegg, hopefully that will help keep the temps down.

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:40 pm

I've noticed the same thing past few days. Wake up in the morning and no tuners avail. Temps seem fine here though

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:13 pm

I don't have any Echoes and typically am not using my Xbox extender, but mine did this a few days ago for the first time. A reboot solved it. I haven't checked the temps but I have a fan blowing directly at the card so they're typically okay. Hoping it was a one-off thing for me; curious to see what you come up with.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:46 pm

This sounds like ehrecvr is crashing. I'd recommend looking through your event logs, and maybe re-running TV setup
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:22 am

Hmmm... interesting... I've seen this a few times since I got the Echo too. Never saw it happen before. But, I've been able to solve it by powering my HDHR Prime tuners off/on. Then, they magically work again. Never had problems with them before.

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:21 pm

erkotz wrote:This sounds like ehrecvr is crashing. I'd recommend looking through your event logs, and maybe re-running TV setup
Indeed it is. The ehrecvr crash is preceded each time by thousands of disconnect/reconnects from the Echo every 10 secs for 8-10 hrs

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:27 pm

If you have an HDHomerun on the network, run TV signal setup again and don't include those tuners. That was my problem all along. Also, try uninstalling MCE buddy if it's installed.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 pm

BangBang wrote:
erkotz wrote:This sounds like ehrecvr is crashing. I'd recommend looking through your event logs, and maybe re-running TV setup
Indeed it is. The ehrecvr crash is preceded each time by thousands of disconnect/reconnects from the Echo every 10 secs for 8-10 hrs
Interesting. Is your network completely wired? Or using any other networking technologies?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:57 pm

htpc and echo are both hard wired to wireless router

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 pm

BangBang wrote:
There was an issue a couple of weeks back where a new version of MCEBuddy enabled UPnP and caused a similar problem with loss of Tuners.

Have you installled anthing else recently that might be causing this conflict?

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 am

Nope. Using a standalone PC for the HTPC and only thing added lately was the echo. Tuners seem to be disappearing every 12 hrs or so. The echo disconnect/reconnects every 10 secs was completely wiping out my 8meg wmc event file so I set it to archive instead of wiping old events. maybe i'll catch something that was overwritten these past times.

xnappo

Post by xnappo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:39 pm

BangBang wrote:Nope. Using a standalone PC for the HTPC and only thing added lately was the echo. Tuners seem to be disappearing every 12 hrs or so. The echo disconnect/reconnects every 10 secs was completely wiping out my 8meg wmc event file so I set it to archive instead of wiping old events. maybe i'll catch something that was overwritten these past times.
I am having the exact same problem. I am going to discontinue using the Echo for a few days and see if the issue goes away.

xnappo

mrclean

Post by mrclean » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:16 pm

I had the exact same issues actually on a fresh install...Send the diags to ceton support they were able to point me to the correct fix. This is what they suggested ( I scoured the internet and couldn't find this info myself). I noticed two issues, one with loss of tuner after power saving, etc. I initially disabled all power saving and even had antivirus uninstalled. After following steps below my tuner IMMEDIATELY came up and has stayed up for going on 12 hours now through several sleep cycles. I have a brand new ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M FM2 AMD A85X w/AMD A8-5500 Trinity 3.2GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) Socket FM2 65W Quad-Core Desktop APU (CPU + GPU). 8)
First and foremost, please follow the below steps to help your computer's PCIe and USB work better with the InfiniTV -- and while we're at it, your Tuning Adapter:

1. Upgrade your USB and PCIe drivers to the latest Microsoft Windows 7 RTM/SP1 hotfixes. The links below discuss a specific scenarios, but contain other fixes as well:

KB Article Number(s): 2742516 (USB)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2742516

KB Article Number(s): 2601456 for Windows 7 SP1. (PCIe)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2601456

2. Change your Power Options by following the instructions below:

-- Open the Control Panel, navigate to the Power Options icon, and double click it.
-- From the Power Options dialog box choose "Change Plan Settings" from the current selected power plan.
-- Click the "Change Advanced Power Settings" link
-- Scroll to "USB settings" and choose "USB selective suspend settings"; set "Plugged in" to Disabled.
-- Scroll to PCI Express and expand the Link State Power Management section
-- Click the setting and change it to "Off"
-- Save and reboot the computer.

Note: Some USB Enhanced Controllers may not handle selective suspends accurately or can fail when other devices either don't support the feature or behave incorrectly. This can cause devices on that USB controller to lose connectivity. The above is intended to help with these issues and increase stability.

Please also download and install the following hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2679255

Once you've followed all the above steps, please completely uninstall -- not disable -- Avast and let us know if your problem persists. If it does, please capture an updated diagnostic so we're working with the most current information at hand.

Thank You,
Ceton Support

BangBang

Post by BangBang » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Came home this morning to a bunch of failed recording errors due to tuner errors. Looked at diag and not only was tuners missing but the card itself has disappeared again. ARGH!!!!! Will check out your suggestion on the hotfixes and see what happens. I didnt seem to have all these problems until I hooked up the damn Echo.

xnappo

Post by xnappo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:06 pm

BangBang wrote:Came home this morning to a bunch of failed recording errors due to tuner errors. Looked at diag and not only was tuners missing but the card itself has disappeared again. ARGH!!!!! Will check out your suggestion on the hotfixes and see what happens. I didnt seem to have all these problems until I hooked up the damn Echo.
FYI I already had that hotfix installed before I started having problems.

I am on 5 days of up time - the two things I did were updated to the December drivers, and stopped using my Echo. Everything else in their 10 item list to try was already done.

xnappo

mrclean

Post by mrclean » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:41 pm

Forgot to mention, I went with Win7 Beta drivers because the card they sent had newest beta firmware. 8)

Also had the missing tuner issue, the secret was (they didn't tell me to do this btw) to reset the network settings on ceton diag. screen. Soon as i did that everything went normal.

My theory is that a MS patch broke something network related, the hotfix corrects this, but you need to re-discover the tuners and revert card IP/Network settings.

Try it.