Streaming Live TV in WMC from ISP

robistro

HTPC Specs: Show details

Streaming Live TV in WMC from ISP

Post by robistro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:31 am

Hello all,
Question regarding streaming LIVE tv on WMC, XBMC, or BOXEE through my isp.

Heres the skinny...
I currently have Time Warner cable as my internet provider. I can stream LIVE tv on my pc, tablet, phone via TWC app and/or I can also stream via this url https://video2.timewarnercable.com/ (by loggin in my credentials) I can also view LIVE - ESPN 2 and a couple other channels through another provider.

The Question....Is there any way I could integrate this app or website with Windows Media Center, Boxee, or XBMC? I prefer WMC since I have an HTPC under construction and was planning on DVR through WMC unless the other platforms would perform as well.

I've been searching for hours and trying misc suggestions I've come across, but I haven't been able to complete this task.....yet. I'm hoping one of you experts on this site could send me some advice.

Thanks much!

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:12 am

The short answer is "no". If TWC wanted you to be able to do this, it's certainly possible to write a driver that could present this stream to WMC, but TWC doesn't want you to do this, and they wouldn't see WMC as a big enough market to target it anyway. Heck, even Netflix keeps breaking support for WMC, and people actually pay for that!

robistro

Post by robistro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking there might possibly be some type of 'plug in' since Time Warner has just signed into an agreement with Roku to stream 300 live channels. I know this has nothing to do with wmc, but I thought the app from time warner that I can currently download on my ipad and phone might be available for wmc.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 pm

If you open your TWC link in a browser, and then put the browser in full screen (by pressing F11 on the keyboard), can you control the TWC app using the Media Center remote?

If so, I might be able to help you.

JazJon

Post by JazJon » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 am

I'm going to attempt using a HDMI HDCP stripper, and the new HDMI Slingbox 500 to stream my entire HTPC. (live tv, the works, anything) to my Laptop, iPhone, and Car (via iPhone into new HDMI mirror Clarion NX603)

I just posted details here, everything is on order.
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 130#p42130

I'll probably create a new thread and post a review, demo walk-through once I confirm it works.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:41 pm

JazJon, what does the Slingbox have to do with the OP's question?