Clear Movie Cache

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
meoge

HTPC Specs: Show details

Clear Movie Cache

Post by meoge » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:31 pm

I tried adding my movie collection that is stored on a network share to the Movie Library in the configuration software, but I'm guessing that network shares aren't supported yet. I made sure all metadata settings were unchecked so it wouldn't mess with my metadata. It wasn't able to read my metadata and now I've got 785 movies listed with wrong names in both the WinPhone8 and Win8 apps. I removed the share from the configuration software, but how do I delete the cache so it doesn't show up on the WinPhone8 and Win8 apps?

meoge

Post by meoge » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:21 pm

I deleted all the files in C:\Program Data\YAMM\Cache and they are gone from the apps now. Will movie collections on network shares work in the future. I already use My Movies and would want to use it's metadata.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Network shares are supported you need to specify your username/password in the config under Advanced->Network. I store all of my movies on my WHS.

We are working on using existing metadata for a future update as well.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

meoge

Post by meoge » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:04 pm

If I allow it to create meta data, where will that metadata be placed? If it's placed on the local HTPC and not in the actual movie folders then I'm fine with YAMM adding it's own metadata. I just don't want anything added to the current metadata that I have in the movie folders themselves.

gator99

Post by gator99 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:12 pm

meoge - you should hold off until they can implement the My Movies/media browser metadata.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64&t=2838