Can Echo output PCM only?

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
tad

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by tad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:29 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
Wasn't this just answered?
cncb wrote:I finally hooked up optical to my AVR to test this and I do indeed get 2-channel PCM (not DD) when disabling bitstreaming so it should work with the cheaper digital-to-analog converters.

I guess the only question is if they do finally support DTS if they will be able to decode to 2-channel and do the same.
hub1 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:The output was PCM during the beta before the AC-3 was activated in the mid-December f/w. Maybe now it is DD 2.0. I will check.
No, you are correct that turning off bitstreaming off results in PCM 2.0 stereo output. I rechecked my system output and I can only assume my eyes were crossed the last time I looked :crazy:
No, I don't think so. It is unclear from those posts (to me, at least) if people were testing with music or another 2-channel source. If someone can confirm that those tests were done with a DD 5.1 source and the output was PCM then we would know for sure.

And if that's the case, then I have no clue why my digital to analog converters aren't working...

cncb

Post by cncb » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 pm

tad wrote: No, I don't think so. It is unclear from those posts (to me, at least) if people were testing with music or another 2-channel source. If someone can confirm that those tests were done with a DD 5.1 source and the output was PCM then we would know for sure.
I tested DD 5.1, WTV and MKV. Bitstreaming on: DD 5.1 over optical, bitstreaming off: PCM 2-channel over optical

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:35 pm

That is what I've been saying all along. You guys are making me think that what I saw and know was somehow wrong. Arg!

tad

Post by tad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:10 pm

cncb wrote:
tad wrote: No, I don't think so. It is unclear from those posts (to me, at least) if people were testing with music or another 2-channel source. If someone can confirm that those tests were done with a DD 5.1 source and the output was PCM then we would know for sure.
I tested DD 5.1, WTV and MKV. Bitstreaming on: DD 5.1 over optical, bitstreaming off: PCM 2-channel over optical
I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I REALLY REALLY hope I was wrong :-)