Can I dual-boot OSs and not have to re-setup Xbox extender?

Troubleshoot and discuss the XBOX 360, XBOX One, Linksys, and other extenders.
POOTERMAN

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can I dual-boot OSs and not have to re-setup Xbox extender?

Post by POOTERMAN » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:26 am

Hi guys - new to the forums and really hoping someone could please tell me if what I'd like to do is possible please!

I currently dual boot between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and each time I try to stream media from my PC to my Xbox 360 I have to re-setup Windows Media Center on the Xbox each time by entering the extender key if I happen to be in a different OS than the one last used with Windows Media Center.

Is there any way at all I can modify the Windows registry in either Windows 7 or WIndows 8 or both so that my Xbox can see BOTH Windows media center servers regardless of whether I'm running Windows 7 or 8 at the time? The media share names and loctions, the computer name and network settings are all the same on both Windows 7 and Windows 8.

This would really help as I have to keep going to another room to startup Windows Media Center on my PC to re-configure the extender again and again so that my Xbox can find the server :(

Any help or advice would be really appreciated - even if it's a quick message to say that it's not possible etc.

Big thanks in advance :)

LuckyDay

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by LuckyDay » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 am

Unless you decide to only use the extender with one OS, I don't believe you can get a universal code that will work for each.