Can't connect to my extender (Xbox) with WP8 app...

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
STEAKMAN33

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can't connect to my extender (Xbox) with WP8 app...

Post by STEAKMAN33 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:18 pm

I purchase the My Media Center app for WP8 the other day and have been having an issue with the app connecting to my Xbox 360 as an extender to my WMCPC. It gives me the option to send the video of choice to it, but pauses and comes back with a "Unable to connect, please refresh the connection", or something to that effect. Am I doing something wrong or is this a potential bug?

Any suggests for fixing this problem would be great. Thanks..

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:53 pm

So it should do a pop up asking to start playback on the HTPC or the Xbox 360 as long as it is in extender mode, which is sounds like it is doing.

Does it do this with the remote when trying to control the xbox? How about when you try to start playback on your HTPC?

I might try to give the HTPC a quick reboot maybe just to ensure nothing odd is happening with plugin.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

STEAKMAN33

Post by STEAKMAN33 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 am

That did the trick. Thanks for the help. I love this app so far. I am looking forward to having the streaming feature for my phone, hopefully in the near future...