No luck with auto detection or manual input

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
dwilso22

HTPC Specs: Show details

No luck with auto detection or manual input

Post by dwilso22 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:51 pm

I just purchased My Media Center and I've been having problems with getting it on my network. I ran the diagnostic test and everything checks out fine. My Media Center configuration detects my computer just fine. However, when I use the IP address given in the config, the My media Center app just doesn't want to play along. I also made sure to turn off my firewall. Someone please help! I'm new to My Media Center and I would really love to join in on the experience.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Have you tried forwarding the ports on your router needed by the app?

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:24 pm

What platform are you running the app on?

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:01 am

Is your setup on Windows 8? Are you running both the services and app on the same machine? If so please see this post: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =64#p40763
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Roger54

Post by Roger54 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:53 pm

I am having the same problem with the version I loaded on my surface. The one on my windows 7 phone and my kindle fire both connect, but the surface will not find the mediacenter with the autoscan or with manual input.

Roger

o00o

Post by o00o » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:20 am

I'm having the same loopback trouble.

My scenario is. 1 Main WMC and 2 other WMC's
I wanted to see if I could use My Media Center to help aggregate all of the recordings between all the WMCs.
The Main one is the only one that I want to make available remotely (and won't ever have the Win8 Client running) and the other 2 I want to be able to view all 3 WMCs.

I've seen this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... ork_access but it is late, is there a way to override this restriction per machine with admin access? I guess I'll need a GUID or two?

Thanks!

(coming up is a feature request to allow showing aggregated results from multiple servers, rather than having to connect to each server individually)