Does the companion app keep the WMC awake?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Jookie

HTPC Specs: Show details

Does the companion app keep the WMC awake?

Post by Jookie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:34 am

Wasn't sure if this was by design or just a flaw with my local system. I've got my WMC7 server set to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity. After installing/configuring the My Media Center App (installed on a Win8 PC and a Win8RT tablet) everything worked great while browsing content (haven't tried it while playing content to an extender), except that after the configured sleep timer, the server would go back to sleep and the companion app would lose it's connection. I'd rather not have to increase the delay before the server goes back to sleep if possible.

If this is working as intended I'll add the feature request, but wanted to check here before I did that (I tried searching for a similar topic but didn't find one)

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:46 am

The services and any interaction doesn't nudge your system persay like a mouse movement would to keep it up. You can enable wake on lan to wake your pc up from sleep, but that is only on initial connection inside the app. I could look into nudging the keep it from falling asleep, but i would think it would be optional as some people might not want it this way, but feel free to add in a feature request on the tracker
I Write, Code, and Tweet

mikinho

Post by mikinho » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:48 pm

Note: When using the remote or media playback itself the idle timer is reset. This does not happen when browsing.