Day One install

surfingstephens

HTPC Specs: Show details

Day One install

Post by surfingstephens » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:21 am

Here we go. I have connected everything up and must say I followed the quick start guide and it actually worked the first time! Quickly though I ran into some issues. My two issues are:
1. The remote does not work correctly. I cannot get anything to happen when I hit the green button. I can get some buttons to work like channel up down and mute. That seems to be it? Any idea?
2. I downloaded the companion software on my iphone and it controls my media center beautifully(which I do not really need), but I cannot control or even see the ceton box? I tried that button on the top right corner of my iphone and it shows the media center and something called "Jim" which is my name, but not sure where that even came from.

I did run all the "tests" under about and the all came back fine. Little help please...

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:14 am

Have you just installed an Echo?

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 am

In the companion app the name of the devices are the user name of either the HTPC or extender. We are working on an update for the services where you can rename it.

If you are having issues with the remote give the PC a quick re-boot and that should fix it up (also probably the same issue with the extender not showing up). Let me know.
I Write, Code, and Tweet