Channel Changing

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Goat

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel Changing

Post by Goat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:12 am

How do you do it? Do you have to have the companion running on your pc for it to work on your tablet/phone? And when I look at library/tv,why does it say coming soon? Also,how do you change channels in the guide? I can see what's on but I can't change the channel.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:29 am

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:31 am

Hey there.

So there are a few things.

1.) Make sure you have the Ceton Companion Services installed and running on your HTPC, there is a background service always running.
2.) For the "TV Library" in the config, that is for local tv files which we are adding support for soon, everything else such as recorded tv, guide, scheduled, etc will show up just fine.
3.) Media Center needs to be up and running as we do not automatically launch media center currently.

Channel Changing:
There are a few ways to do it.
1.) Go into "Channels", select one and then depending on which OS you are on you will see "tune channel" or a tv icon in the app bar or menu.
2.) You can select a show from the guide or channel line up and there is also a tune channel button.
3.) Also on android you can long press on a channel in the channel section or in the guide to tune to it.
4.) If you are watching TV you can use the remote Up and Down to change channels, or go to the number pad and enter the channel number and hit the OK/check mark button.

I think that covers all of it, let me know... also like Crash said... lots of awesome videos :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:36 am

I watched the video's. It shows a show I recorded and the guide but nothing happens when I try to watch. Is it set up wrong? If it is,how can I see the stuff and not switch channels?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:39 am

When you press play on the recorded tv episode or when you tune a channel does nothing happen? What about when you go to the remote control and press the arrow keys to navigate?

If this is the case and if you just installed it I recommend giving the PC a quick re-boot. Usually if this is the case then either media center was open or the session was open when the services and plugin were installed, which means media center is ignoring the commands until a reboot.

let me know.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:40 am

Thanks Motz,but when I press the tv icon,at the top,it says tune channel on my phones screen and nothing happens..

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:56 am

Goat wrote:Thanks Motz,but when I press the tv icon,at the top,it says tune channel on my phones screen and nothing happens..
Nothing is supposed to happen on your phone - what happens in Media Center on your PC?

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:59 am

I got it guys.. I had to put the right port #'s in,works great now..Thank you for your help.. :)