App not licensed?

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
Catanbri

HTPC Specs: Show details

App not licensed?

Post by Catanbri » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:00 pm

Hey guys. I have been using the app since October 2012 and love it. My HTPC crashed about 3 days ago. After I set everything back up when I use the companion app I get a message saying the app isnt licensed. I know what your thinking. the computer piece wouldn't cause the app on my HTC Rezound to say that. I am just stating what happened and when it started. I have tried uninstalling the app and re-installing and still cant get anywhere. Anyone know what is going on?

And yes I really did purchase the app.

You've made a purchase from Ceton Corp on Google Play.

Order number: 1335638461762260
Order date: Oct 27, 2012 8:22:04 PM CDT
Payment method: MASTERCARD xxx-1203

Motz

Post by Motz » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:32 pm

Sorry for the issues that you are having with the app. We implement the Google Play authentication service with the Companion App. This just ensures that if people didn't buy the app then they can't use it. We do this check about once a week, so if you haven't used it in a bit that might be why. However you should be completely fine because you were using it before and purchased it :). Most likely during the licensing check either Google returned something wrong to us, or there was a connection problem and then it caches the wrong result. There are 2 things to try:

1.) Via "Manage apps" in settings force stop the Google Play Store app, cleared its data (not the cache, which was zero bytes)
2.) Restart your device
3.) Try to open up the app again

If that doesn't work, email me(companion@cetoncorp.com) your google account linked your phone and I will put it on the "always allow" list and then you would want to try this:
1.) Uninstall Ceton Companion android app
2.) Via "Manage apps" in settings force stop the Google Play Store app, cleared its data (not the cache, which was zero bytes)
3.) Restart your device
4.) Re-install the Ceton Companion from Google Play
5.) Let me know if it now works.

Usually this clears things up.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Catanbri

Post by Catanbri » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Hey sorry for the delay in the reply. For now it appears that everything has been resolved. Force stopping the app and clearing the data then rebooting seems to have fixed the issue. Now I am having an issue with none of my recordings showing up on the app. BUT I haven't had time to view the forums for any similar problems.

Thanks for the help

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

Glad to hear everything is mostly up and working.

For recordings try to do a search for something and see if it comes up in the app.

If your recordings are on a home server or NAS of some kind make sure that you enter your network credentials in the companion config on the HTPC as well.
I Write, Code, and Tweet