1 (out of 2) Infinitv4 cards delayed in showing up in Diag.

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

1 (out of 2) Infinitv4 cards delayed in showing up in Diag.

Post by choliscott » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 infinitv4 cards installed in my machine. If I restart the computer, & bring up the Ceton diagnostics screen, it will only show one of my Ceton cards. If I wait a few minutes eventually it will show the 2nd one. Even if I don't bring up the diagnostics screen right away & bring it up (lets say) 30 minutes later, it will only show one out of the 2.

Is this normal? I would think if the diag screen knows there is 1 ceton, that it should know there is 2, thus allowing to select either 1 right away, not a few minutes later.

Thanks

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 am

Update time, I believe that I have an issue with one of my infinitv4 cards. The reason why I say this was earlier today, I didn't have all green for the WMDRM. I did the clear tuner config - Discover tuners & then went into WMC & had it try to redetect the signal. It gets to the last step, & after about 10 minutes, the WMC window goes black, but the rest of the computer works fine.

If I turn off the computer, remove the card, I think there is an issue with & have it redect the tv signal, the last step takes about 5 minutes to complete, but never goes to a black screen.

Another reason I think its the card, was when I tried to schedule a show series, it froze & when I rebooted, it said I was in a conflict & only showed 3 other shows at that time. When I removed the card in question, it cleared the conflict (I also have a HD HR prime installed) & was able to configure a bunch other show series to record, which I wasn't able to, with the card in question installed.

Does anybody know what more than likely would cause the above that I mentioned?

Thanks

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:15 pm

What FW and HW are the cards running? I think the latest beta is 1.2.2.6 for the FW and 6408 for the HW. Not sure if the HW is the same for all cards or might be different depending on the age of the card. I would certainly file a trouble ticket on the second card and send a diagnostic scan to Ceton along with your troubles for their inspection. Also are the tuners set-up to network with other machines? If so, the first step I would do is remove as many variables as you can such as network tuners and then try each card one by one in the same computer and see how they act.

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:18 pm

They are both running 1.2.2.6 & 6408 (I updated them 4 days or so ago). I have sent Ceton a trouble ticket yesterday & this morning send the diganostic scan for both of my cards. I currently have both cards installed in my machine. One thing I noticed was that yesterday, the good card would get the first IP address (192.168.200.x) & about 3 minutes or so later, the 2nd card would, If i brought up the standalone diagnostics, the first card would appear & if I pressed the refresh, the bad card wouldn't appear for about 5 minutes. Also yesterday, I didn't have all green for WMDRM, so did the disconnect, redetect steps & now the bad card gets the first IP, & if i bring up the standalone diagnostics, the bad card immediatly appears only, but if i press the refresh, the good card shows up 10-20 seconds later (almost like I need to have the bad card get the ip address first).

The overall problem I'm having is when i schedule a show series, WMC will freeze, to which the problem is when it comes across a conflict. However it will only show 3 other shows in conflict, but I have more then 4 tuners. So either WMC acts like there isn't more turners or has a limiation of up to 4 shows for conflicts. If i remove the bad card & have it redetect the tv signal, then the conflicts are gone & I can schedule show series with no problems.

What I'm trying right now is removing the bad card & redetecting to see if the card is still giving me issues, or if the HTPC can't handle 2 infinitv4 cards installed.
JohnW248 wrote:What FW and HW are the cards running? I think the latest beta is 1.2.2.6 for the FW and 6408 for the HW. Not sure if the HW is the same for all cards or might be different depending on the age of the card. I would certainly file a trouble ticket on the second card and send a diagnostic scan to Ceton along with your troubles for their inspection. Also are the tuners set-up to network with other machines? If so, the first step I would do is remove as many variables as you can such as network tuners and then try each card one by one in the same computer and see how they act.

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 am

I think you can set a manual IP address for each card by going into the web gui and system tab and then scroll down and click on network settings. If you turn off auto assignment and manually pick an IP address for the SECOND card and then see how fast it responds. It almost sounds like the system is getting a conflict with two devices trying to get an IP address and that delays the second card (and you're getting a generic IP address according to what you posted in the Echo forum). That doesn't mean that there isn't a problem, but it sounds like one of the cards might have been set-up with networking to use on another machine. You should make sure for testing purposed that all those "extras" are turned off and see if the card responds quicker. If it does you're probably going to have to run tv set-up in Media Center again and assign all 8 tuners to that one machine.

When you updated the HW, you did do a full power down and cold boot for each card, I hope. That's the only way that the PCIe bus gets cleared and the new HW gets read and identified...Your probably might be as simple as some residual voltage on the PCIe bus when you restarted and the computer still has bits and pieces of the old HW in memory when it should be scanning the PCIe bus and running the MS PCI enumenartor.

Watch the back of your computer case (or side off) and note the sequence of the red/blue led when the card starts. It is booting while the leds flash blue and should be booted on the bus when the blue leds are solid. If they are red at the end of the sequence there is a problem with the card or bus.