InfiniTV card taking too long to wake up

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
jziggity

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV card taking too long to wake up

Post by jziggity » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm

I installed the latest beta firmware to my InfiniTV4 PCI card on Sunday to alleviate the macroblocking issue. While it did resolve that, now it appears a new issue has cropped up. Since the firmware update, I am noticing the card is taking MUCH longer to fully boot up and have tuners available. Before the firmware update, the card would be ready almost immediately when the computer woke up. Now if the computer has to wake from sleep or being in a shutdown state, it takes at least 2-3 minutes before any tuners are available.

By the time I boot up the XBox and maneuver to live TV, I get an error message that no tuners are available to satisfy the current request. I have to wait at least another minute, if not 2, before the tuners "come to life." I checked the "Toggle the InfiniTV network interface card when resuming from sleep" which did not have any effect. Previously this was unchecked, now it is checked, no change.

I know I could just change the power settings on my computer so it wouldn't sleep as a work around, but I am curious if anyone else who has upgraded to the beta firmware has this issue. I am running Windows 7 media center with 2 XBox extenders. The delay is evident both on the extenders and directly on the computer itself.

grinchy

Post by grinchy » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:43 am

Mine has always taken about 2 minutes for the WMDRM pairing to go green (which basically means when the tuners are ready to tune). I can't say it was ever a shorter period of time... My PC sleeps as well - no biggy on our end though.

jziggity

Post by jziggity » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:27 am

I thought this was going to be a potential problem for scheduling recordings when I'm not at home. I assumed the tuner card would take too long to wake up and the recording would fail because the tuner was not ready yet. I tested this by setting up a couple of recordings for the middle of the afternoon when I was gone. Much to my surprise, all test recordings were completed without any problems. I'm going to attempt again to upgrade to the latest driver software to see if that helps. Otherwise it's not a deal-breaker issue, as long as unattended recordings where the computer has to wake up from sleep mode continue to work, which they have been thus far.

pduncan1963

Post by pduncan1963 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:00 am

I believe the computer wakes three minutes before the recording is schedules to begin. Can't remember if that is a Ceton or WMC setting, but I think it the default setting.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:01 am

The default recording start time is 3 minutes early. Task Scheduler wakes the computer 5 minutes before the recording start time (for a total of 8 minutes before the actual show starts). There is an option in the Ceton software to wake the computer an additional 2 minutes early, but last time I tested it didn't work.