Settings plugin won't load after installing latest beta

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
RealCodeGuy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Settings plugin won't load after installing latest beta

Post by RealCodeGuy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:11 am

I updated all three Echos tonight. Video looks awesome. Two the three Echos load the settings plugin fine. The third one shows the correct version number when it boots up, but it won't load the Echo settings plugin and I'm prompted to disable it. Also, it won't load the device webpage like the other two. If hit port 8000 on the IP of the Echo in question, it loads the "star" background with a different looking setting page I've never seen. Any idea?

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:30 am

So in the latest firmware ip:8000 no longer exists this was for debug only. All settings are slowly shifting towards the web page. You can just enter the IP of the echo to pull up the main settings page.

For the 3rd echo not pulling up the settings I am not positive does it happen all the time? I had it once pop up tell me to disable, i said cancel and went back into it and it never happened again. I think it timed out or something the first time I sent in.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:32 pm

James, I tried many times to load the settings plugin, including uninstalling and and re-installing the plugin on the main PC. When the Echo boots, it shows the latest firmware version at the bottom of the "Connecting..." screen. Trying to navigate to the IP of the device without a port number fails and port 8000 is the only port that will display anything. I can take a screen shot tonight if you want to see. It has a menu on the left and "Extender | Send diagnostics" is the only menu item with an option, all the others are blank. I'm kinda stuck here because if I can't load the settings plugin there is no way to update it that I know of.

Motz

Post by Motz » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:43 pm

Hmmm yeah it should look like this:
Webpage.PNG
When I go to :8000 i don't even get a page to come up.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:02 am

Motz wrote:When I go to :8000 i don't even get a page to come up.
That's my point exactly. Here are some screen shots.

This is a shot of the TV with the Echo connected. Notice the IP and the version number, it's the latest, correct?

Now, here's a screen shot of the browser when I navigate to http://192.168.1.135:8000

And finally, here's a screen shot when I navigate directly to http://192.168.1.135

Now, if the Echo is on the latest firmware as it shows on the TV when the Echo boots, why can't I load the settings plugin and why are the settings web pages incorrect?

Thanks

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:06 am

I am not sure how that is possible... i will ask the guys here..
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ucfknight

Post by ucfknight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:36 am

I've posted in the other thread about not having the video settings I should with the latest beta. I can actually get to IP:8000 as well and see the various screens there. I do not have the video option for Native that is supposed to be in the latest beta.

When going to just the IP it loads (unlike the OP of this thread), but there are no links for diagnostics, settings, or update on that page.

It is almost like the Echo thinks it is on the latest firmware but there are some remnants from a past firmware. If it make a difference, I had to previously go through the the recovery firmware process with Ceton because my unit would not update past the November 16 beta firmware. I had to go through the process of running the recovery.exe on my computer, sending my MAC, pressing certain key strokes on the remote control, and getting a recovery firmware pushed to my Echo. Since then the Echo has updated firmware a couple of time and says it is updating successfully. Obviously something is not right, though.

RealCodeGuy

Post by RealCodeGuy » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Thank you Motz for your first class customer support. My Echo is back up and running like a charm! Very much appreciated.

Motz

Post by Motz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:59 pm

@ucfknight is it the same as RealCodeGuy's screen shots? If so PM me.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

prognovic

Post by prognovic » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 am

Think i see this on one of mine also

Did u guys get a echo setting navigation problem too? Media Center asking to close "settings"

anastasis

Post by anastasis » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Same issue. Sending a PM to address. Thanks.

mikbro

Post by mikbro » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:51 pm

same problem here on a new echo I just received. opened a support ticket.

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Hey guys, so I know you both PMed me and I was out of the office last night and in late this morning. First try to do this:
1.) Uninstall plugin
2.) Remove the Echo from my list of extenders on the WMC box.
3.) Install plugin.
4.) Pair echo with WMC

This seems to be working for some. Also in the latest version you can change most of the settings directly from the webpage of the echo.
I Write, Code, and Tweet