Echo Waiting for Network

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Bill

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo Waiting for Network

Post by Bill » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 am

Just received my two Echos back from RMA, and both are unable to connect to my network. The "starry night" screen shows up, but it will not connect to my network. The port light doesn't light up. Mac: Unknown IP: None Version: 2012.1202.1302. I have another working echo, and swapping them out for each doesn't work. The old Echo connects right away, and the two new ones just say "waiting for network". Any ideas, or did anyone have similar problems??
HTPCs, InfiniTVs, and Extenders OH MY!

prognovic

Post by prognovic » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:16 am

I have been seeing it amongst mine as well...

these were already paired...

i am also experiencing lock ups more than previous build

crashes...green bars..

i have tried other htpc as host.. still same results... not good

mini__me

Post by mini__me » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:23 pm

One of mine was doing this out the box, fixed it by only having network plugged in then add USB power and wait until you see network activity on your switch and it's updating its firmware, you can then plug in HDMI if you wish to watch the rest.

Mine has been fine since getting the new firmware that did this out the box. Was slightly concerned at first that I'd have to RMA it and since I just brought it back with me to the UK from the US and the post would have killed me, but got there in the end :)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:34 pm

Bill wrote:Just received my two Echos back from RMA, and both are unable to connect to my network. The "starry night" screen shows up, but it will not connect to my network. The port light doesn't light up. Mac: Unknown IP: None Version: 2012.1202.1302. I have another working echo, and swapping them out for each doesn't work. The old Echo connects right away, and the two new ones just say "waiting for network". Any ideas, or did anyone have similar problems??
Have you tried a different router Bill?