infiniTV + WHS2011 + Windows 8 = No Love

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
dmiinc

HTPC Specs: Show details

infiniTV + WHS2011 + Windows 8 = No Love

Post by dmiinc » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:23 am

Can this be done? Everything is working great on W7 machines. All of the latest beta firmware's and drivers are installed. Network setup does work on W8 machine but tuner cannot be assigned through network setup and I end up with "no tuner found message". I went through installs reinstalls infinitv reset and everything else out there but no love. Please help.

Klownicle

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Klownicle » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Instead of going through the Network Tuner wizard in WMC, try and do the Live TV setup under WMC. Customize the tuner when using this wizard but do noy use all 4(etc) tuners, choose the tuner you want. This is how I got it to work. Anytime I used the network tuner wizard in ceton it wouldn't dedicate the tuner. If it still says No Tuner Found, you may need to reset the tuner config and all your pcs to default and start from scratch. Host first, then guests etc. I found when ran through a win8 pc I already tried to use network setup it wouldn't work till I reset everything host+guests.

Feel free to contact me, I think I have the win8 setup down pat.