Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 problem

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
manni

HTPC Specs: Show details

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 2250 problem

Post by manni » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:34 am

Hi Guys,

I have a brand new build I'm putting together and having issues with the WinTV-HVR 2250. Have installed the card and drivers successfully. I am able to get a picture from my STB on the screen ok.

However, when I try to select the guide or record anything I just get the rotating windows circle in the middle of the screen. According to task manager media centre is still running, I end up having to kill the process. Any ideas anyone?

It is an ASUS P8Z77-V PRO motherboard.
Asus Nvidia GTX 660 ti graphics card.
Windows 7 Professional x64

soccerdad

Post by soccerdad » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:04 pm

Welcome!
Perhaps a little more information will help us. When you say you can get the picture from the STB to the screen, is this through the 2250? So is your plan to use the 2250 and blaster to change the channels to get an analog signal to the 2250? Are you also trying to use the digital side of the 2250? The more detailed information on how you are setting it up will help us help you.

manni

Post by manni » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 am

Problem resolved. I was recieving multiple options for Rogers Cable here in the Toronto Canada area. I was selecting the digital option (I think it selects the digital tuner). When I selected just the plain Rogers Cable, everything was fine. Hopefully this can help other users.