iOS V 1.2.12 Now availble

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
ahwman

HTPC Specs: Show details

iOS V 1.2.12 Now availble

Post by ahwman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:00 pm

Motz,

Any idea when we will see v1.2.8 for IOS as I'm eager to test these new features?

//Motz edits: updated title.
//Available now.
//Here is change log:
Numeric Pad on Remote
Sorting Options for Recorded TV
Adjust timeout for large collections
Quick Jumps on Movie Gallery & Channels
Random Button to play random TV Episode or movie
in the movie & tv gallery
Added URL scheme to launch app:
ceton://
Lots of UI polish
Bug Fixes

Motz

Post by Motz » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 pm

already submitted to apple last week. it will be 1.2.12, the apps are on different version numbers.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

ahwman

Post by ahwman » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Motz wrote:already submitted to apple last week. it will be 1.2.12, the apps are on different version numbers.
Cool! :D you da man...

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:40 am

Under review now, so hopefully tomorrow.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:03 am

Now available. PLEASE re-review app on itunes, each release they wipe the old rating out.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

STC

Post by STC » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 am

Looking forward to playing with it thanks!
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

AndresE

Post by AndresE » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I just looked at the screen shots in the app store and I saw friendly names for your devices (aka Media Center and Extenders). Is that suppose to be in this release or is that just a tease?

ahwman

Post by ahwman » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:46 pm

I love the addition of the numeric keypad in the remote app and the new layout! That said, there are a few things I'd like to bring to your attention:

* When using the numeric keys + skip to jump ahead in the video timeline, it will advance correctly, however it will then try to change the channel corresponding to the numeric entry. It would be great if the companion app would cancel the channel change when it sees the skip command used following numeric entry.

* It seems that when I switch from one extender to another via the companion app, I must initiate the first command twice - whether it be launching a recorded TV episode, or initiating a channel change, etc.

* Scrolling of "Recorded TV" is still VERY jerky when viewed on an iPad.

Overall it's very nice to see the progress being made and I am very appreciative for all of your hard work! :clap:

tad

Post by tad » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:03 pm

AndresE wrote:I just looked at the screen shots in the app store and I saw friendly names for your devices (aka Media Center and Extenders). Is that suppose to be in this release or is that just a tease?
I'm interested in this too, now that our house is full of echos :-) :-)

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:22 pm

tad wrote:
AndresE wrote:I just looked at the screen shots in the app store and I saw friendly names for your devices (aka Media Center and Extenders). Is that suppose to be in this release or is that just a tease?
I'm interested in this too, now that our house is full of echos :-) :-)
This is mostly for display purposes, however you will soon be able to rename your echo. The plan is to do it via the plugin/device webpage and then we will pull from that.
I Write, Code, and Tweet

Motz

Post by Motz » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:58 pm

ahwman wrote:I love the addition of the numeric keypad in the remote app and the new layout! That said, there are a few things I'd like to bring to your attention:

* When using the numeric keys + skip to jump ahead in the video timeline, it will advance correctly, however it will then try to change the channel corresponding to the numeric entry. It would be great if the companion app would cancel the channel change when it sees the skip command used following numeric entry.

* It seems that when I switch from one extender to another via the companion app, I must initiate the first command twice - whether it be launching a recorded TV episode, or initiating a channel change, etc.

* Scrolling of "Recorded TV" is still VERY jerky when viewed on an iPad.

Overall it's very nice to see the progress being made and I am very appreciative for all of your hard work! :clap:
Please enter this stuff into the tracker. As for number keys they are the same as entering them with a keyboard, there is no context sensitive commands which we would like to add in.
For the extender switching if you are on the remote does it switch? It might have to re-query your sources if you are turning them on and off, but if you can layout out the exact steps in the bug on the tracker I will try to reproduce.
I will fix up scrolling on iPad in next version i promise :)
I Write, Code, and Tweet